The concert has finished
Formed in 2020, Hypnagogia embraces an umwelt of liminal qualitative states identifying with meditative experiences and the aesthetics of disorientation and ambiguity. Together, the pieces might be conceived as a night of restless sleep embracing both trance like fantasy and transitional states between the dream world and wakefulness. Disorientation, ambiguity and illusion created through a delicate balance of karnatik-driven rhythm, post-romantic melodic pointillism and a kaleidoscopic group sound with continuous and shifting improvisation.
- Francesco Bigoni – clarinet, tenor saxophone
- Anders Banke – bass clarinet
- Matt Choboter – prepared piano/compositions
- Luca Sguera – midi patches, sound design
- Matias Seibæk – Balinese gongs, vibraphone, cymbals
- Jan Kadereit – percussion, modified drum kit